Stokes Rousseau are currently developing and improving managements systems that comply with ISO9001, ISO14001 and AS4801 in order to ensure that the company meets all deliverables to stakeholders, clients, employees, the community, its services, suppliers and subcontractors
This system is accessible to all employees via the company network and available for inspection and review by clients wishing to conduct due diligence. The management system provides a framework for the continual review and improvement of Stokes Rousseau’s processes with continuous improvement of the business being a key objective.
Occupational Health & Safety
Stokes Rousseau is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees, contractors, clients and visitors. Stokes Rousseau is pro-active in the areas of hazard identification, control and removal, and accident and injury prevention, as well as health preservation and promotion. Management at all levels understands and is responsible for implementing this policy. This includes a commitment to maintaining the workplace in a safe condition at all times and providing the necessary resources to meet health and safety needs.
Stokes Rousseau acknowledges our obligation to comply with relevant Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and Codes of Practice and is committed to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards.
Stokes Rousseau aims to protect the health and safety of all persons in the workplace by identifying and reducing or eliminating risk from the work environment.
To realise this aim Stokes Rousseau will:
- Promote health and safety awareness as a priority
- Provide a continuous program of education and learning to assist in achieving our goals.
- Provide work places that are safe
- Provide all resources necessary to develop, maintain and review best practice health and safety systems in the working environment
- Provide information, instruction and training to employees to enable them to perform in a safe and effective manner.
- Involve our employees in decision-making through regular communication, consultation and training.
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulations and industry best practice in regard to health and safety management
- Work in conjunction with other contractors to achieve a safe working environment.
The health and safety of our employees, and people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed by or on behalf of Stokes Rousseau.
Stokes Rousseau is currently working towards compliance and certification of this Occupational Health & Safety Management System to AS/NZS 4801 and is pre-qualified on the Department of Treasury and Finance Construction Supplier Register.
Environmental Management System
Stokes Rousseau is committed to establishing an environmentally aware workplace and minimise the environmental impact projects undertaken have on the environment. In doing so, Stokes Rousseau will deliver social, economic and environmental benefits to the company, staff and community
We aim to:
- Reduce waste and pollution generated from our activities
- Prevent environmental damage
- Encourage sustainable development
- Comply with relevant legislation, statutory and regulatory obligations in relation to environmental management, pollution control and waste management.
- Protect the natural environment
- Preserve and conserve cultural and built heritage
- Reduce embodied energy of materials and component where possible during projects
This will be achieved by:
- Conducting business in a manner that is consistent and complies with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and industry best practice.
- Maintaining and continually improving our environmental management systems to comply with ISO14001
- Taking appropriate care for flora, fauna, air, land, water, employees and heritage aspects that could be impacted on by project operations and integrate these considerations into site specific Environmental Management Plans.
- Involving all appropriate personnel, contractors and clients in the development of risk assessments, environmental planning and environmental incident response/emergency procedures.
- Take practical and reasonable precautions to identify, assess and control risks to the environment.
- Provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision to enable work to be carried out with appropriate environmental awareness and skill set.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement aimed at eliminating where possible and reducing where unavoidable, the environmental impact on project sites
- Provide necessary resources to develop, maintain and review environmental systems in the working environment
- Monitor and evaluate environmental procedures and records
Stokes Rousseau is currently working towards compliance and certification of this Environmental Management System to AS/NZS ISO 14001.
Stokes Rousseau is committed to build upon our reputation for delivering quality construction outcomes and services that consistently satisfy the needs and expectations of our clients. The company recognises that attainment of these quality standards is fundamental to our ongoing success.
To achieve our objective we will:
- Continually train, monitor and develop the skills of staff to ensure the business has a strong core, capable of achieving specific job outcomes.
- Set targets and measure company performance to continually improve our process.
- Endeavour, at all times, to maximise customer satisfaction with the services provided by Stokes Rousseau.
Stokes Rousseau is currently working towards compliance and certification of this Quality Management System to AS/NZS ISO 9001.