Victoria’s Government House, built between 1872 and 1876, is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register and is recognised for having historical, architectural and aesthetic significance to the State. Designed by John James Clark, the building is considered to be one of the finest examples of 19th-century residential architecture in Australia.
Stokes Rousseau was engaged to undertake the 15 month restoration project which included:
- Facade and slate/lead/copper roof restoration works to the Ballroom, Flagtower, Upper residence, and Billiard room light well.
- Inground storm water system upgrades and landscaping works at the Fountain court lawn.
- Audiovisual system installation, automation of double-hung sash windows and painting conservation works within the Ballroom
- Facade and slate roof restoration works to the Mews Stable Complex