Straughton Thorne Pty Ltd
The Kew Tennis Club is set in the beautiful surrounds of Victoria Park Kew, and is one of the oldest tennis clubs in Victoria. The Club was established circa 1880s and has been located on its current site since 1919. The period style clubrooms have served the club well but were in need of a makeover to cater for the ever increasing club members, and to ensure the building complies with current building regulations.
The internal layout of the building was completely removed, temporary props were used to carry roof loads and large steel beams were installed to replace load bearing walls to create an open plan layout. Concrete slabs replaced existing timber sub floors and a small extension at the rear of the building created a new link between existing bathrooms and a new shower area. The building was re-plumbed, re-wired, new gas mains and completely remodeled to ensure the club will remain strong for many years to come.