National Parks and Wildlife Services, NSW
The second Kiandra Courthouse was built at an altitude of 1450m from local Basalt in 1890 during the local goldrush. It’s later alterations and extensions saw the building become a police station, ski chalet and finally a hotel and favourite local drinking spot during the construction of the Snowy Hydro Scheme.
The scope of works for the project was to restore and conserve the original courthouse section of the building, re-instating the original roof line, verandah and windows, while also carrying out carpentry conservation works, re-pointing, stucco repairs and stone repairs to the building
Stokes Rousseau was awarded the National Trust Heritage Award for best adaptive re-use restoration project under $1M in NSW for 2010.