Kew Traffic School
City of Boroondara
Kew Traffic School was opened in 1957 and has since been engaging children with road safety while gaining confidence on their bicycle, tricycle or scooter.
Stokes Rousseau was engaged to construct new buildings at the site consisting of a large party room which was integrated with external landscaped areas and viewing areas, a new kitchen and storage rooms. The new construction offers minimal long-term maintenance and improves the functional layout of the complex, providing better circulation, viewing positions and access into and around the building.
Initial demolishing of existing sheds, shelters and hardstand areas was required before construction of the new multi purpose building and a bike/tool shed storage building with associated landscaping commenced.